“The night was muggy, and all around me i felt the same pressure, a sense of time rushing by while it seemed to be standing still.” — Hunter S. Thompson, The Rum Diary (via kailaleelee)
“….Some guy jumped up and asked Hunter, “What are you going to do about drugs? Everybody knows you take drugs”. He said “Well, I’ll tell you what I’m going to do. This is the only time I talk about it. I do not like needle-injected drugs. I’m dead against them, and I won’t chew jimsonweed on the job. Other than that, I don’t want hear anything about it.” —Tom Benton on Hunter’s drug policy for his campaign for Sheriff of Aspen Gonzo: The Life of Hunter S. Thompson. (via thelovegangster)
“Pearl Harbor was sixty years ago, before we had TV and computers to keep us totally informed. When half the U.S. Navy was destroyed by Japanese bombs, at least we knew who did it and where they lived, and that news was spread all over the world in a matter of minutes, with every eyewitness accounts and photos of burning battleships. What has gone wrong with our communication system since then? Why are we more ignorant and less informed today then we were in 1941? That is an eerie question, eh?” —Hunter S. Thompson (via themundaneworld)
“He was turning the tape cassette over. The radio was screaming: “Power to the People—Right On!” John Lennon’s political song, ten years too late. “That poor fool should have stayed where he was,” said my attorney. “Punks like that just get in the way when they try to be serious.” —Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (via johannestheseducer)
hey just wanted to say that this is an amazing blog! :) thanks!
Hey, I appreciate it! Thanks!
“I put the bastards of this world on notice that I do not have their best interest at heart. I will try to speak for my reader, that is my promise and it will be a voice of ink and rage.” — Paul Kemp, The Rum Diary (via awfulleisure)
“People used to ask me how much of Hunter’s stuff was true. Really, 90 percent of those things that he said or things he did were true. And if you believed the other 10 percent, god bless you. I’m not about to change your mind about it.” —Jann S. Wenner from Gonzo: The Life of Hunter S. Thompson. (via thelovegangster)
“I measure my life in pages. If I have pages at dawn, it’s been a good night.” —Hunter S. Thompson (via poetrygirl21)
“There’s a terrible danger in voting for the lesser of two evils because the parties can set it up that way.” —Hunter S. Thompson (via batcountryword)
“I hate to write. But you either do that or you get a job. I’ve been 25 years without a job.” —Hunter S. Thompson, Interview with I-D Magazine, 1987 (via briankeene)